Sunday, June 28, 2009
Labor & Delivery
I woke up the morning of the 24th of Jan. and was leaking fluid so i decided to go into the hospital. They checked me and decided to admit me. I was scared to death because the baby was still breech. Dr. Jones came in and talked to me and said he would try and turn the baby. He warned me that the chances of the baby turning weren't good. The anesthesiologist came in to prep me for a c- section i told him to stand back in the corner because i only wanted to think positive. :) I had about 6 nurses around me and then my doctor started pushing on my belly trying to get the baby to turn. The baby was laying horizontally. The first time he didn't move an inch. Dr. Jones took a minute to rest then began pressing down on my belly again as hard as he could. I decided to just relax because that was the only way my uterus would relax and allow the baby to move. As soon as i told myself to relax the baby moved 3/4 of a circle and was in the cephalic position i was so happy! The nurses were all amazed! The anesthesiologist left he was also in awe! The Doctor then broke my water and they started me. I text everyone that i wanted to be there. Eric and Heather came about an hour later and mingled with me and my family. Eric was so fun to watch he kept watching my monitors and he was totally involved it was awesome! Heather seemed to be a little scared. I think it was a little surreal to her that she was actually getting a baby and i am sure she was scared that i was going to change my mind too. She was watching me go thru contractions and that had to be hard seeing me go thru all the pain so she can have a baby . I just kept putting myself in their shoes wondering what they were feeling. Imagining how hard this whole process had to be for them. Their hopes were up so high and could easily be crushed the next minute. My contractions started getting stronger and stronger i had to wear an oxygen mask because the baby's heart rate would drop with every contraction and that isn't good. I hated the mask but wore it for the baby. It was so hard to breathe with that thing i got so claustrophobic. I decided to get the epidural around 5:30 pm because the nurses said it would be around 6 when i would have him. I was dilated to a 3 at this time.The anesthesiologist came back in and gave me the epidural the contractions were still pretty strong at that point. After he put the epidural in he asked me how i was feeling and if i felt any weird tingling in my leg. I said no then a second later i felt an excruciating pain, I let out a huge scream!!! The nurse grabbed my hands and asked me what i was feeling i told her i felt like i was going to explode!! I had no idea what was going on with my body. The pain then went away and came back about 30 seconds later. The nurse grabbed my hands again and said Jessica i need you to tell me what you are feeling. I said i feel like i am going to have a bowel movement!! she pushed me back and checked me she yelled for the doctor and said this baby is coming. I went from being dilated to a 3 to him crowning. It all made sense now, so I was able to relax and just breathe now that i knew what was going on with my body. I never scream i have the highest tolerance for pain. I think i was more scared than anything because i didn't know what was happening to my body. (I mean i was just dilated to a 3 so i really didn't think it was the baby coming already). The doctor ran down the hallway threw his jacket at the nurses in the nurse station and made it just in time for me to push the baby out. I felt everything natural child birth. I pushed 3 times and 5 min. later this beautiful baby boy was born at 6:11 pm he was 6 lbs 15 oz and 18 inches long!!! They handed him to me. I started tearing up he was so beautiful and yet he wasn't mine... I didn't have that bond with him like I did with Kiera. I felt like he was meant to be with Eric and Heather all along. I did my job as a mother and that was giving birth to him but Eric and Heather were to raise him. After i held him for about 20 min. they took him to the nursery to give him a bath and clean him up and make sure everything was ok. I just sat and mingled with my family after that. I felt bad because I didn't give Eric and Heather a bracelet to go in and see their baby boy. I just wasn't thinking at the time. I totally regret that decision or lack there of now. Eric and Heather left after a little while to let me have some time with him before I had to let him go. They truly are amazing people they respected me and put themselves in my shoes. I will forever be grateful to them for this amazing gift called adoption. It changes lives! Eric and Heather chose his first name and they let me choose his middle name. I chose James after my adoption counselor because without him I would have been lost. He helped me through the hardest time in my life it just made sense to name this beautiful child after him. Jayden James Prescott is his name. He is amazing, he came into this world not realizing the impact he had on everyone's life. He saved my life, he made Eric and Heather's dream of becoming parents come true. What a powerful blessing adoption is. Heavenly Father sure knows what he is doing and I feel so blessed to have found the gospel in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment